This policy covers Customer Information which means personally identifiable information about a consumer or a consumer’s current or former customer relationship with U.S. MetroTel. This policy is provided to you as required by the Federal Financial Privacy Law (15 U.S.C. 6801 – 6810) and applies to our companies, U.S. MetroTel, LLC and ICS Data, Inc.
- Keeping financial information and your network information including your calling records secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect Customer Information. Appropriate employees are authorized to access Customer Information for business purposes only. Our employees are bound by a code of ethics that requires confidential treatment of Customer Information and are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to follow this code.
- Collecting information.We collect and use various types of information about you and your accounts to service your accounts, save you time and money, better respond to your needs and manage our business and risks. Customer Information is categorized in the following ways:
- Identification Information – Information that identifies you, such as name, address, telephone number and answers to questions that you are likely only to know like the name of your favorite pet or mother’s maiden name.
- Application Information – information you provide to us on applications, through other means that will help us determine if you are eligible for products and services that you request in service applications that you submit to us or authorize a third party to submit to us and in conservations with our employees before and during the customer relationship
- Transaction and Experience Information – information about transactions and account experience, as well as information about our communications with you. Examples include account balances, payment history, account usage, and your inquiries and our responses, and your requests for lost or forgotten identification or pass word codes.
- Information from outside Sources – information from outside sources regarding you and your credit and other relationships that will help us determine if you are eligible for products or services that you request. Examples include call detail from local or long distance carriers, CSR records from your prior telephone carriers, credit card transactions on cards you provide us to charge services or products and banks relating to electronic fund transfers.
- Any information required by the USA PATRIOT Act such as information necessary to verify your identification.
- Managing information. We manage how and when information is shared between our companies and employees of same, with companies that work for us, with third parties, and in other situations.U.S. MetroTel, LLC may share any of the categories of Customer information among our companies. For example provisioning of service for your account may be provided by any of such customers from any of their vendors and all information needed to generate and render your monthly invoice may be shared to accomplish an accurate invoice. And any such company needs to know certain collected information to make sure that they are speaking with you or an imposture.
- Managing information with companies that work for us. We may share any of the categories of Customer Information with companies that work for us, including companies located outside of the United States. All nonaffiliated companies that act on our behalf and receive customer information from us are contractually obligated to keep the information we provide to them confidential and to use the Customer Information we share only to provide the services we ask of them to perform. These companies may include any third party billing company or the credit card companies for any credit card you have given us to charge our products or services or a marketing or mailing company.
- Disclosing information in other situations. We may also disclose any of the categories of Customer Information to credit bureaus and similar organizations, and when required or permitted by law. For example, Customer Information may be disclosed in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, fraud prevention or investigation, risk management and security. Customer Information may also be disclosed to companies or individuals that process your requests for our products or services such as an authorized dealer or representative or a person who you have authorized in writing to act as your agent.
- Making sure your information is accurate. Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances and transactions and similar information which we provide to you through various means such as monthly invoices, Online invoices and telephone contact with our employees. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please call or write to us at the telephone number or appropriate address for such changes listed on your account invoices or other account materials. We will promptly update or correct any erroneous information.
- Limiting direct marketing. You may choose not to receive direct marketing offers sent by postal mail, telephone and or email from U.S. MetroTel, LLC. Direct marketing offers from us may include information about beneficial offers and products and services we believe may be of interest to you. If you elect to receive direct marketing offers by postal mail, telephone and or e-mail, please note that we may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account and for other nonmarketing purposes. You may also be contacted by your client relationship manager or assigned account representative, if applicable. We may also continue to provide marketing information in your regular account mailings and invoices, including online communications. U.S. MetroTel does not generally enter into direct marketing campaigns, but if it does, it may take up to 12 weeks to honor your request in some situations. You may tell us about same by sending an email to email@example.com or fax to (616) 844 – 0105 atten: CFO, or calling us toll free at (855) USMETRO. If your name, addresses or telephone numbers change please inform us of same, and if you do so we will continue to honor your wishes without any further action from you.
- Guarding you own information. We recommend that you take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your account and personal information:
- Review your monthly account invoices and report any suspicious activity to us.
- Never provide personal information over the phone unless you have initiated the call and know with whom you are speaking. Do not get angry with us for asking for same, as we are protecting your information by making sure we are speaking to you.
- Do not preprint your driver’s license or Social Security number on checks.
- Memorize your user name and pass word for your online invoice account information.
- Do not throw away complete monthly invoices. Shred them first. If you store them, do so in a safe place.
Reducing direct marketing from other companies. We support the National Do Not Call Registry. To have your phone number added to the list, you may call 1.888.341.1222 or register at donotcall.gov. While this will stop most calls, you may still receive calls from businesses where you are a customer.
This policy applies to consumer customer relationships established in the United States and is effective April 1, 2012. This notice constitutes U.S. MetroTel’s Do Not Call Policy under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act for all consumers and is pursuant to state law.